Sunset in the Coconino National Forest, looking northeast toward Sedona, AZ, 4/17/15

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Actual Travel Route, April-July 2010

The map below traces out my travel route from April through July ... from my Washington State home to the top of Minnesota ... visiting national parks, friends and family.  It's not exact, but very close my actual route.


I also took a lot of side trips.   The route above calculates to about 15,000 miles, whereas I actually put on more than 20,000 miles.  I'm averaging about 45 MPG.

To say the least, it's been a great adventure so far ... and I still have the east coast and more to explore!

originally posted 9/11/10

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, still making my way through your entire blogspot. We're thinking of UP (upper pennisula michigan) and I see you did that route. Is there a post (or posts) about that section? We're from Massachusetts and are thinking of early to mid June for that trip. With two days driving each direction just to get to the area, do you think we'd be happy with only a week in that area? (I'm thinking, after seeing your route, all along the edge of the great lakes). thanks!! Vicky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is my post on the UP http://suanneonline.blogspot.com/2010/09/keweenaw-national-historic-park-mi-july.html

      Check out the posts just before and after too.

      I think a week on the UP is better than nothing ... but, of course, more is better.

      Happy Trails!

      Delete

Please make a comment. I'd love to hear from you ...