Sunset in the Coconino National Forest, looking northeast toward Sedona, AZ, 4/17/15

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Grand Teton National Park in WY, June 1-6








I thoroughly enjoyed the Grand Teton National Park ... trees, lakes,
wildlife, and the mountains! Here it was all about the mountains --
the mountains and clouds (pic1), the mountains and sage (pic2), the
mountains and a lone aspen (pic3), the mountains with storm clouds
(pic4), the mountains through the Jackson Lodge window (pic5), the
mountains while fishing on Jackson Lake (pic6), and the mountains as I
was leaving the park (pic7).

The first night I camped at Jenny Lake Campground, which is in the
park. It was an OK spot, but expensive at $20/night. So, I asked the
ranger and he pointed me to a great little free campground just north
of the park off of the John D. Rockefeller Jr. Memorial Parkway. It
was the best camping ever -- quiet with the sound of the river -- and
I met other women going solo there too!

The Grand Tetons had some great scenic drives in the park and into the
neighboring national forests. I saw my first wild moose, buffalo with
their calfs, elk, pronghorns, ravens, blue birds, yellow-headed
blackbirds ... My camera doesn't take good far away pictures, so the
pics didn't come out ... but, seeing them was cool all the same.

originally posted 6/7/10

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics of a great place..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow---I really mean it when I say I wish I were there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks On Da Road! And, Sunny, it would be cool if you were here! It'd be just the break you need. Wanna fly out to Jackson Hole?

    ReplyDelete

Please make a comment. I'd love to hear from you ...