Sunset in the Coconino National Forest, looking northeast toward Sedona, AZ, 4/17/15

Monday, February 27, 2017

Galleta Meadows' Metal Scuptures
Borrego Springs, CA

For several days in mid February I enjoyed hanging out with friends in the back country just north of the town of Borrego Springs.  I had heard about this place, the great boondocking, and its metal sculptures.  This year I got to see it first hand!  Here is a movie/slide show of the photos I took of some of the metal sculptures at Galleta Meadows on the 16th.  Most were large, some were humongous, and a few were of human proportion.





Here is a photo of 12 metal scuptures of big horn sheep -- rams, ewes, and lambs.  Click on the picture to enlarge, then see if you can find all 12 sheep!
Big Horn sheep at Galetta Meadows,  2/16/17

Camping with friends in Borrego Springs ... good views, great company.






What a good life!

17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I can't wait for you to get back out here too!

      Delete
  2. YT I am Geaux Prius Cowboy. Got to meet you at the RTR I had the Louisiana prius with the trailer hitch hitch haul cargo platform. I parked among you guys for a spell. You guys come into Louisiana let me know sure would like to enjoy some campfire with you folks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pics. It is so interesting that you camp in your car.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suanne, I think you are so brave. My hubby and I love to travel and did so in our van for about 3 weeks this past part summer month of July and part of August. Gosh we enjoyed Colorado and New Mexico mountains. We plan on doing more traveling. We still own our home. But we find that the Toyota Van was great and did just fine. It is a 2014. Happy Trails!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suanne, you have so inspired me and my plans are this spring to put the house on the market and buy the prius! I am retired with several cats, hope they dont get car sick!! I will do test runs in the car i have now and leash train them. Hopefully there will be a way to meet you at a future RTR! Anyway to private message you? Thanks so much for posting about this lifestyle. I am from MN and it is snowing as I type!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting. The best to you as you plan your travels. In the meantime, stay warm! Suanne

      Delete
  6. Spectacular photos. What scenery to take in:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are great. I can't quite shout 'What a great life!' about my life but its intriguing that some people might be able to, despite it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been more satisfied with my life. It's pretty wonderful!

      Delete
  8. Hope you are camping this year too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dawn, Yes, I'm full-time on the road and camping. Still love it as much, just don't do the travel blog posts anymore. Thanks for the visit though! Suanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you take a tent with you? I am thinking of living in a Prius and haven't decided if I should have a tent or not. I am thinking maybe it would take up too much room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a small 2-person Genji Instant Tent. I use it like a garage for storage (water, chairs, table) when I plan to be someplace for at least 5 days. When in its bag, it fits at an angle behind the driver's side passenger's seat, under the back hatch.

      Delete

Please make a comment. I'd love to hear from you ...