Sunset in the Coconino National Forest, looking northeast toward Sedona, AZ, 4/17/15

Monday, October 11, 2010

Mount Rainier National Park, October 11

Mt. Rainier looming over
road to Sunrise
After arriving home on October 1st, I decided to check out some local National Parks when the weather was nice and I wasn't needed by John.
Ground Cover with
Fall Colors
















On the 11th I went to Mount Rainier, coming in from the northeast corner.  The drive was relaxing and beautiful.  I explored the road to Sunrise (schedule to close the next day), and other roads on the east side of the park, driving over both Cayuse and Chinook pass.  The Fall Colors at Chinook were spectacular. 

Mt. Rainier peeking out from behind the clouds
Unfortunely, the campgrounds had just closed for the season.  So, I made it a day trip instead of an overnighter.  I'll return later to explore other areas of the park.






Chinook Pass

Entrance to park at Ohanapecosh
originally posted 10/31/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make a comment. I'd love to hear from you ...